You will need:
- Small pot to blanch asparagus tips
- Colander bowl
- Large saucepan for cream sauce
- Spatula or cooking spoon to stir cream sauce
- 10 oz of baby bella mushrooms sliced, then cut stems. Keep stems.
- 1 cup of blanched asparagus tips-boil for 30 seconds and run under cold water
- Rounded 1/2 cup of chopped red onion
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/8 sushi rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup rice wine
- 3 T of Kerrygold Pure Irish Butter to saute veggies
- 1 T of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base-Organic Reduced Sodium
- 20 grinds of fresh cracked pepper
- 1 cup half & half
- 3 T of cornstarch
- Sticky rice to serve cream sauce over
You will need:
- Rice cooker
- 2 cups of rice grains
- 4 cups of water
- Wash rice in cooker pot til water is clear
- Add water and cook.
- Start your cream sauce.
- Blanch asparagus tips and set aside.
- Cut your veggies and set aside.
- Heat sauce pan on medium heat, melt butter.
- Saute mushrooms and red onion.
- Add 1 T of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base and mix in.
- Add minced garlic and mix in.
- Add sushi rice vinegar and rice wine and stir in.
- Add cracked pepper and stir.
- Add half & half and stir. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in blanched asparagus tips.
- Serve over rice.
Note: Because I used half & half instead of heavy cream, the cream sauce wasn’t thick enough, which is why I used corn starch.
Fact: My first time making this dish! Turned out super yummy! 😋
Yeah boyeee! ⏰ How low can you go….🤪