Serving for 2
You will need:
- Large pan to fry bacon
- Fork to fry bacon
- Kitchen shears to cut bacon or knife to chop
- Large sauce pan to cook soup in
- Ladle to serve soup
- 2 big bowls and spoons 😋
- Our fresh vegan bread to serve with
- 3 slices of thick cut bacon chopped
- 8 oz of Portobello mushroom chopped/sliced
- 10 oz frozen peas
- 1/3 red onion chopped
- 2 T of Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base-Organic Reduced Sodium-Made With Seasoned Roasted Chicken
- 2 cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- Fresh black peppercorn to taste-we used 25 grinds while cooking and a little bit when served.
- Sea Salt to taste-we did not use any.
- Cook thick cut bacon well done in frying pan.
- Cut or chop bacon into small pieces and set aside.
- Slice and/or chop Portobello mushrooms and red onion. Set aside.
- Place bacon in large sauce pan.
- Next red onion.
- Then mushrooms.
- Heavy whipping Cream.
- Better Than Bouillon.
- 25 grinds of fresh cracked pepper.
- Turn heat between med and medium low for 30 minutes.
- Check and stir ingredients.
- Cook for another 30 minutes between med low and low. Stir occasionally.
- Ready to serve! Ladle your soup into big bowls and top with fresh cracked pepper. Salt optional.
- Serve with a slice of our vegan bread. We cut up are bread in the soup with our spoons! 👍🏻
- Enjoy! Perfect for the cold weather coming up! 🤗
Note: Fast and easy to make!
Fact: Mushrooms are high in vitamin D! 🍄