You will need:
- Slow cooker
- 1 lb Round Tip Roast
- Fresh cracked pepper
- 1 T Olive Oil
- 5 cloves of garlic whole
- 8 oz of Portobello mushrooms sliced
- 1 green apple sliced
- Fresh Italian Parsley-we keep ours in the freezer
- 1 8oz can of turkey gravy
- 1 T Honey
- 1 thick cut bacon cut in half
- 1 t dry chopped onion
- 1 t onion powder
- 1 t Italian Seasoning
- 1 t oregano
- 1 t chili flakes
- Cover roast with olive oil.
- Apply fresh cracked pepper to all sides of roast.
- Sear all sides in frying pan til browned to hold the juice in the roast.
- Place roast in slow cooker.
- Add mushrooms, apples and garlic cloves around the roast.
- Top with all dry seasonings.
- Place fresh Italian parsley on top.
- Cover with gravy.
- Set slow cooker on low for 8 hours.
- Open slow cooker and lightly stir au jus around and on top of the roast.
- Keep slow cooker on warm till ready to serve. 🤤
- Take out roast and slice.
- Place on your plate of choice and cover with au jus.
Note: We are trying to stay away from carbs right now. You can serve over mashed potatoes and slice our vegan bread on the side. 🥖🍷
Note2: We try to use sea salt as little as possible in our dishes. The bacon and turkey gravy already contain salt.
Fact: My first slow cooked roast ever! 👍🏻 Enjoy! Great now especially with the cool and cold weather approaching!